On Texas’ new sonogram bill, signed by Governor Rick Perry earlier this week:
According to the law, women will not only be forced into the ultrasound process but most will have to wait 24 hours AFTER having one to be able to go ahead with her abortion. There is a caveat for women who live more than 100 miles away—they “only” have to wait two hours.
I can’t really pick out what is more disgusting and inappropriate (apart from the bill itself, that is): Perry signing a law AGAIN to show off for and appease the bloodlust party crowd of anti-abortion activists or Rep. Patrick’s patronizing theocratic spewing. It’s all appalling, intrusive, controlling bullshit dressed up in theocratic religious fervor shrieking about “saving babies”—and it’s SOP for many state legislators these days.
- theandromedablog reblogged this from walkforchoice
- vongeek reblogged this from walkforchoice
- stillhidden reblogged this from walkforchoice and added:
- asfadedasmyjeans reblogged this from walkforchoice
- gerutha likes this
- luucywithdiamonds likes this
- walkforchoice reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- free-infinite reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus and added:
- free-infinite likes this
- keepyourbsoutofmyuterus posted this